Guidelines for Driving
Lessons After Lockdown
Before Lessons Start
Before lessons can commence, three areas need to be considered:
- Do you have the symptoms?
- Do you fall into a high-risk category?
- Do you have a relative or partner who falls into a high-risk category?
If you answer yes to any of these areas, you are unable to commence with driving lessons at present. Please contact me to discuss further so I can assess the situation and make an informed decision.
Just to reiterate the symptoms of Covid-19 described by the government are (but not exclusively):
- A high temperature – this means a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss of taste or smell
You must provide your own PPE. I will have a small supply of face coverings but as I am not increasing lesson prices, I would appreciate it if you can provide your own protective equipment.
Preparing the Car Before & After Each Lesson
I will clean my car thoroughly with an anti-bacterial cleaner. The areas of the car that will be cleaned are:
- Door handles – both inside and out
- Bonnet release lever – both inside and outside the car
- Windows and mirror controls
- Washable seat cover
- Seatbelt and connector
- Controls – gear lever, steering wheel, indicator and windscreen wiper stalks, start/stop engine button
Before the Lesson
- Call or text if you have had symptoms within the last 7 days or been in contact with anyone showing symptoms within the last 14 days
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds immediately before leaving the house
- If you are wearing disposable gloves, please put them on just before getting into the car
- Please wear clothing that covers both arms and legs
- We will have a brief conversation to assess whether you are fine to start the lesson
- If symptoms arise during the lesson it will be immediately terminated, and the date recorded
- Confirm that you have washed your hands. If you have not I will provide hand sanitiser before entering the car
During the Lesson
- The windows will be open as much as possible depending on the weather conditions
- The air-conditioning will always be turned off
- If using my tablet for teaching only I will handle it
- We will only sit facing forwards and at no point in the car will we face directly at each other
- Lesson payment is only via bank transfer
- I have to demonstrate a scenario or take control of the car I will wipe down the controls after use
- I will remind you to wash your hands immediately after the lesson
- It is your responsibility to inform me if you or anyone you are in contact with is unwell
- I will dispose of any wipes used into a bin bag immediately after the lesson
After the Lesson
- I will wash my hands immediately when I return home
- I will wash my clothes immediately upon returning home
- I will take a shower immediately upon returning home
Revised Cancellation Policy
I will contact you before each lesson to check:
- If you or anyone in your household has become unwell or has symptoms of COVID
- If you or anyone in your household has been tested in the last week
- If you believe you may have been in contact with someone showing symptoms
- If you or anyone in your household have become unwell or are showing symptoms
If so, please inform me. Your lesson will be rescheduled to a later date at no cost. If I have any of the above, I will inform you and reschedule your lesson.
Should we show symptoms during the lesson, the lesson will be terminated at no cost.